ASUANSI TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (I. C. T.)
STAFF STRENGTH: FIVE (5)
STAFF MEMBERS IN THE DEPARTMENT:
- Mr. James Kofi Aboey (HOD)
- Miss Doreen B. Yanney
- Konkromah Joseph Andrews
- Darko Enock
The department was created as a result of the new educational reform which instituted Information and Communication Technology as part of the core subjects for technical education. The subject content includes the basics of I.C.T., Hardware, Software, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
STATE OF EQUIPMENT
The department has two (2) computer labs with sixty-nine (66) desktop computers, forty (40) laptops, four (4) printers, two (2) scanners and one (1) LCD Projector. The two (2) split air-conditioners and the fans in labs are not functional.
- Though the subject is yet to be added to the final examinations taken by students, the department has trained students to become proficient in the use of I.C.T. in their various course areas.
- Training staff to use the computerised school database softwares (StudentSoft) and (HAPASIS) for the payment of school fees and filling of students’ terminal reports.
It is the vision of the department to train students to acquire the requisite knowledge and skill in I.C.T. and utilise it in their respective course areas to meet the growing demands of the 21st century.
- Lack of backup power generator to power school server during power outage.
- Non-functional split air-conditioners and fans in the labs.
- Lack of tool kit for maintenance of equipment.
- Lack of reliable internet service provider.